Here at Pit Products we get this question all the time: Why should I buy your cabinets and what makes them better than what I can make myself? Buying light weight diamond plate aluminum trailer cabinets are important for many reasons. Hopefully we will address all of these reasons here so you can have a full understanding and make a well informed decision.
Aluminum being much lighter than steel or wood makes it the perfect material for trailer cabinets. If you have ever owned a trailer in the past you know how important it is to keep it a light as possible. If you are new to trailers, whether you just bought your first trailer and are getting ready to outfit it or are researching your trailer purchase, always remember: The less weight you are pulling the better. If you keep the weight of your cabinets and storage accessories to a minimum you will have more trailer capacity for your cargo, making Pit Products light weight diamond plate aluminum cabinets the best choice. Our base cabinets are also built with the light weight idea taken one step farther, as you can see in the picture here we have omitted the back and bottom from the cabinets to further reduce the weight. The cabinet contains a lower back/bottom brace to maintain the rigidity needed, but then uses the trailer floor and walls to finish enclosing the cabinet when it is installed. With the added benefit of aluminum being thin and strong, if you were to compare equally sized wood and aluminum cabinets the aluminum cabinet will also have more internal storage space available. Remember less trailer weight = better gas mileage.
- When comparing the construction of an aluminum cabinet to a wood cabinet there are some very distinct differences. Wood cabinets being either nailed, screwed or glued together (or possibly a combination of all these methods) have a good possibility of loosening up and vibrating apart after they have been in use for a period of time. Aluminum trailer cabinets use two very secure methods in their assembly: welding and riveting. The main structure of the cabinet is MIG welded together and the doors are securely fastened with high strength stainless steel rivets. The doors utilize easy to use quarter turn detented latches, and full length aluminum hinges. The shelf (which is bolted in place to stay secure while in transport) is designed like a tray to help keep your cargo in place. Extra shelves are always available from the factory as an option.
Speed of installation
Even if you are lucky to have a complete wood shop available, building cabinets can be quite a time consuming project. Pit Products light weight diamond plate aluminum cabinets come completely assembled and ready for installation! When you order arrives at your house all you need to do is unpack your order, set the cabinet in place and screw it to the trailer wall. Nothing more to do than load up your cargo and go on with life! Would you rather spend your weekends building cabinets or be out enjoying your trailer?
Durability: Wood vs Aluminum
Aluminum cabinets will normally outlast any type of wood cabinet you could use in your trailer. Aluminum will not absorb moisture like wood will, nor will it rust or rot away. Aluminum will be critter resistant, you will never have a problem with a mouse, termites or a raccoon eating their way into you aluminum trailer cabinets if one was to find its way into your trailer.
There is nothing like the look of diamond plate aluminum in your trailer! Pit products diamond plate aluminum cabinets will give your trailer that profressional look you want, and will help you stand out in a crowd! Diamond plate aluminum cabinets will keep their shiny appearance and not fade or discolor like wood will. Diamond plate aluminum will be much easier to clean than wood cabinets.
If you are looking for trailer cabinets and want any of these things:
•Ease of installation
•Less weight for more cargo capacity
•Better gas mileage
•Cabinets that not only look good, but will last
Then check out what Pit Products can do for your trailer today!
- ***Scratch & Dent***
- Accessories - Garage and Home
- Accessory Storage
- Base and Overhead Cabinet Combos
- Base Cabinets
- Featured Products
- Fluid Organizers
- Fuel, Gears & Shocks
- Garage Cabinets, Aluminum
- Gift Card
- Helmet and Suit Storage
- New Products
- Overhead Aluminum Trailer Cabinets
- Package Deals
- Ramps and Loading
- Shelves and Bins
- Spare Parts
- Strap and Tool Hangers
- Trailer Accessories
- Trailer Cabinets, Aluminum
- Trailer, Garage & Workshop Tire Racks
- Workstations and Door Cabinets